Professional and Appropriate Representation of Fleet Feet Sports Sacramento and New Balance. Here’s what that means:
- At races, wear only New Balance team singlets and shorts, practice shirts or warm-ups. Race only in New Balance shoes. In addition, wear only New Balance team gear and shoes at race functions, such as awards ceremonies.
- You may train in any shoe. We do encourage you to take advantage of the team discount on New Balance training shoes.
- If you have any questions about gear, please contact team administration before you wear it to a race.
- Be respectful to all teammates and opponents. Acknowledge the accomplishments and efforts of others.
- Choose your words carefully! Refrain from talking negatively about other team members, other teams or the store at practice, in races, and on Internet chat rooms or blogs (even anonymously).
- If you have a disagreement with a teammate, solve it immediately and face-to-face.
- Encourage all athletes, teammates and opponents to excel.
- Whenever possible, be charitable and give back to the running community by volunteering or other activities.
Social Media Policy
The popularity of Social Media, and impact of internet and electronic "social networking," has advanced significantly in recent years. Examples of social media and social networking include, but are not limited to, the use of Facebook, Instagram, Strava, YouTube or Twitter. While social media usage is a valuable tool; and use by Fleet Feet Racing Sacramento (FFRS) members is encouraged to show the passion, character, and individuality of our members; it comes with certain responsibility.
The following are guidelines for social media activity by for FFRS athletes and volunteers:
- Always think before you post and be mindful you are a representative of Fleet Feet Sports Sacramento and New Balance while at races, volunteering, and even your online profile wearing FFRS Team gear.
- Always be polite and respectful of others, whether in person or online, and show respect for other individuals’ opinions, even when they don’t align with your own.
- Use appropriate language, conducting yourself with honesty, integrity, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Never deal with a disagreement between teammates, or other athletes, through social media.
- Use of the Fleet Feet Sacramento or Fleet Feet Racing Sacramento social media sites is encouraged for the promotion of running, racing and an active lifestyle. Its use is for general communication and exposure of the store; store events & products; racing team; and racing team events & accomplishments.
- The Fleet Feet Sacramento and Fleet Feet Racing Sacramento social media sites should not be used for self-promotion of personal issues or other businesses without prior consent.
- Leave coaching to the coach … Please refrain from posting coaching advice, techniques, or plans unless you are the coach or have reviewed the information with the coach. Not all advice is good advice, for each individual athlete.
Responsible use of social media is a consideration of your acceptance as a member of Fleet Feet Racing.